Wednesday, April 23 2014, 09:23 AM MDT
Strength Your Core
(KUTV) You’ve the term “strengthen your core” – but what exactly does that mean, and why is it important?
Physicial therapist Beth Gilmore shows us some exercises to help strength.
FIVE REASONS TO STRENGTHEN YOUR CORE
1. It Reduces And Prevents Pain “A strong core stabilizes you and works like a natural brace for your joints."
2. It Makes You Look Taller and Thinner “When you strengthen your upper back and shoulders, the muscles are pulled back and down, removing any trace of a hunch."
3. It Delays the Aging Process “A strong core keeps your body aligned, so that you can function properly."
4. It Improves Mental Function “Having a stable and aligned spine allows your brain to receive your body's messages more efficiently."
5. It Improves Performance "Stabilizing your core hones your fine motor skills, so you can react quickly and stay balanced on unstable surfaces."
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group.)