Thursday, January 30 2014, 01:48 PM MST
Taste Of Home
We are continuing the Super Bowl Food Fest with three great recipes from Taste of Home magazine.Reuben-Style Pizza
I love a good Reuben sandwich and thought, "Why not make it into a pizza?"
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar
cheese soup, undiluted 1/4 cup Thousand
Island salad dressing 2 cups cubed
pumpernickel bread 2 tablespoons butter,
melted 1/2 pound sliced deli corned beef,
coarsely chopped 2 cups sauerkraut, rinsed
and well drained 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces)
shredded Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 425°. Unroll and press dough onto bottom of a greased 15x10x1-in.
baking pan. Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, soup and salad dressing until blended. In another bowl, toss bread cubes with melted butter. Spread cream cheese mixture over crust; top with corned beef, sauerkraut and cheese. Sprinkle with bread cubes. Bake 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
Yield: 6 servings.
• Lots of flavored gourmet popcorns out there, but easy to make your own!
• Start by throwing your popcorn, mini marshmallows, peanuts and pretzel bites into a big bowl
• Then make a quick syrup with butter, sugar and corn syrup; takes just a few minutes
• Pour over your popcorn, toss to coat then spread on waxed paper until cool
• Customize however you like; if Packers were going, I would use green and yellow M&Ms!
• Our reader's kids call this "Five-Finger" guacamole because it helps them remember the five
o Lime juice
• This is the classic; you can dial it up with garlic, peppers, tomatoes depending on preferences