Local bread blogger, Frieda Franchina shows us how to make her simple and easy White Texas Sheet Cake recipe, perfect for the 4th of July.
For more information, go to www.friedalovesbread.com.
1 c. butter
1 c. water
2 c. sugar
2 c. 4 T flour
1/2 t salt
1 t soda
1 t vanilla
1/2 c. sour cream
1 C butter
6 T evaporated milk
1 t vanilla
4-5 c. powdered sugar
dash of salt
1 c. pecans (optional)
1. Put butter and water in a large bowl.
2. Heat in microwave for 2 minutes.
3. Stir until all the butter is melted.
4. Add sugar, flour, salt, and soda. Stir with a wire whisk until smooth.
5. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
6. Stir in sour cream until all is blended.
7. Pour into a 11”x17” baking sheet that has been greased and floured.
8. Bake at 375º for 20-25 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly touched or toothpick inserted in center comes clean.
9. Remove from the oven and make the frosting.
10. Cook butter and milk for 3-4 minutes in microwave.
11. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and a dash of salt. Beat until smooth.
12. Add nuts and gently spread on warm cake.
13. Cool and serve.
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)