As Aired on August 13, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Ali Eisenach, Lemon Poppy
2 large orange or red peppers, roasted
2 cups frozen sweet corn, roasted
2 large ripe tomatoes, diced
1 small jicama, peeled and chopped
2 large avocados, cut into 1/2” pieces
1 15 oz. can black beans, drained
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
To Roast Peppers and Corn:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with heavy foil.
3. Pour corn over half of baking sheet.
4. Cut peppers, remove stem and seeds and place cut side down on other half of foil.
5. Drizzle olive oil over corn and peppers and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Roast in the oven until the pepper skins are blackened (about 20-25 min minutes).
7. Remove skins and chop.
1 clove garlic, minced
3 T. fresh lime juice
2 T. fresh orange juice
2 T. honey
2 t. onion, chopped fine
2 T. cilantro, chopped fine
1/2 t. cumin
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Whisk together ingredients until combined.
2. Arrange vegetables and beans in stripes on a platter or shallow serving dish.
3. Pour dressing over the salad and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
For more information, go to www.lemonpoppycake.com
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group.)