Cherry Amaretto Granookies
Recipe Courtesy Tree Hugger Granola at treehuggergranola.com
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 cup white or whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup Tree Hugger Cherry Amaretto Granola
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
Optional: you may add more cherries and/or almondsInstructions:
1. Cream butter and sugar together, add egg and flavorings. Mix until smooth.
2. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
3. Mix in granola and white chocolate chips.
4. Drop by heaping tablespoon onto cookie sheet line with parchment paper.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 9 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
6. Cookies should appear slightly underbaked.
7. Cool on baking sheet and enjoy!
30% of proceeds go to Guatamala. Tree Hugger Granola is teaming with Hunger For Life to build stoves.
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)