Tuesday, June 18 2013, 09:06 AM MDT
Slow Roasted Tomato, Avocado and Fresh Mozzarella Salad
As Aired On August 3, 2012
Recipe courtesy of New Yorker Restaurant
6- Large Roma tomatoes washed and cut in half lengthwise
2- 4 oz balls of fresh mozzarella cut in half
1- Large Hass avocado cut into 4 wedges peeled and fanned out
1- Tablespoon toasted pine nuts
4- Large sprigs fresh basil
Extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Place the Roma tomatoes cut side down on a sheet pan, drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil and place in the oven for 1 hour.
3. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
4. Remove the skins from the tomatoes, they should slip off easily.
5. To assemble the salads: place three half tomatoes on each of 4 salad plates, lay the mozzarella on top, then lay the fanned avocado on top of the mozzarella, garnish with fresh basil sprig, drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar then sprinkle on the toasted pine nuts.
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)