Tuesday, June 18 2013, 09:06 AM MDT
Blue Cheese Bacon Potatoes Dauphinoise
As Aired On September 21, 2012
Recipe Courtesy Of LaCaille
4 oz Blue Cheese
2 oz Cooked Bacon
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
2 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 garlic clove, smashed
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
4 ounces Gruyere cheese
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack in middle position. Spread butter across bottom and sides of a 2-quart baking dish.
2. Peel potatoes and slice 1/8 inch thick. Place slices in a large bowl of cold water and drain thoroughly.
3. Bring heavy cream, milk, cooked bacon and garlic to a simmer in a large, wide saucepan.
4. Place potatoes, salt, and pepper into a large mixing bowl. Toss with Blue Cheese.
5. Pour heated heavy cream over potatoes and toss gently.
6. Using a slotted spoon, transfer half the potatoes to prepared baking dish and sprinkle with half of the cheese. Add remaining potatoes to baking dish and pour enough of the remaining cream mixture over potatoes to just cover. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, place on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until bubbly and golden brown on top, 40 to 45 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and grate nutmeg over top just before serving.
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group.)