Tuesday, June 18 2013, 09:06 AM MDT
Mini Beef Wellington
As Aired On October 25, 2012
Courtesy Kimberly Larsen from Kim's Kuisine
Puff pastry sheets
Beef Tenderloin cut into desired size
Mushrooms, minced 8 oz
Shallots, minced 1 each
Garlic, smashed 3-4 cloves
Butter 2-3 T
1. Pull puff pastry sheets from freezer and allow to thaw slightly.
2. Prepare mushroom duxelles.
3. Heat pan to medium heat. Add butter and shallots. Allow to cook for 1 minute.
4. Add garlic and mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until juices are released.
5. Remove from heat, drain juices and allow to cool.
6. Season Beef with salt and pepper. Heat pan to high heat. Quickly sear all edges of beef, remove and allow to rest until cool.
7. Cut Puff Pastry into desired size squares. Roll out slightly on lightly floured surface.
8. Heat oven to 400 degrees
9. Place a Beef cube in the center if Puff Pastry square.
10. Scoop small amount of mushroom on top of Beef.
11. Pull corners of Puff Pastry together creating a small purse and enclosing beef. Seal edges with egg wash.
12. Bake 8-12 minutes depending in size and desired temperature desired.
13. Puff pastry will be golden and flaky when cooked completely.