Tuesday, June 18 2013, 10:07 AM MDT
Simple Marinades, Techniques For Grilled Boneless Chicken Breasts
As Aired on June 7, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Victoria Topham with Pinon Market and Cafe
Classic Asian Style Marinade Ingredients:
1 medium lemon or lime, juiced
2T hoisin sauce
¼ C scallion, minced
¼ C low-sodium soy sauce
¼ C rice vinegar
1 T garlic, minced
1 T ginger, grated
¼ t black pepper
Indian Style Yogurt Marinade Ingredients:
1 T vegetable oil
1 C sliced onion
¼ C fresh gingerroot, minced
2 T garlic, minced
1 t serrano chile pepper, sliced
¼ C cilantro, minced
1 T curry powder
1 T garam masala
1 C Greek yogurt (6 oz.)
1. Place all marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until minced.
2. Remove 1/4 C marinade and reserve for basting. Pour remaining marinade into a large nonreactive bowl.
3. Add chicken; cover and marinate in the refrigerator 30-60 minutes. Turn meat halfway through marinating time. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry; discard marinade.
4. Heat grill or grill pan over high heat until hot - about 15 minutes. Make sure grill grates are clean by scraping with clean grill brush. (You should be able to hold your hand 5" above the grill for 2 seconds). If you are using a gas grill, leave the primary burner on high and turn the other burner(s) off. If using an indoor grill pan, heat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Place chicken breast on hot part of grill and cook until chicken develops light grill marks and is no longer translucent, 3-5 minutes. Flip chicken and cook until second side is just opaque, about 3 minutes. Move chicken to cool side of grill with thicker part of the breast facing the hot side. Brush with remaining marinade. Cover grill and continue to cook until chicken temperature registers 160 degrees, 5-7 minutes. If you are using an indoor grill.
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)