Wednesday, September 18 2013, 02:24 PM MDT
As aired on September 18, 2013
Recipe courtesy of Chef Johnny McAdams, Harmons City Creek
2 lbs. Ground Beef
1 Tbs. Onion Powder
1 Tbs. Garlic Powder
1/2 Tbs. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Dry Mustard
3 shakes Tabasco
2 Tbs. Worcestershire
Salt and Pepper to taste
12 slices American cheese
1 lbs. Bacon
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375.
2. Combine all ingredients but cheese and bacon in a large mixing bowl.
3. Use 1/2 a cup of ground beef mix to form a thin patty.
4. Place 1 slice of American cheese on the patty. Note - if the cheese is larger than the patty shape the cheese to fit.
5. Use 1/2 a cup of ground beef mix to form a thin patty, place over the first patty with cheese and seal the edges and set aside covered in the fridge.
6. Place the bacon on a very lightly greased pan.
7. Cook the bacon at 350 for 8 to 12 minutes or desired crispness.
8. Place a large non-stick skillet on the stovetop over mid-high heat cook cold patties 6 minutes on each side.
9. Put one slice of of American cheese on each patty.
10. Pour 1/4 cup cold water into the hot pan with the patties then cover with a lid.
11. Let the cheese melt
12. Put the bacon over the melted cheese place on a toasted bun and serve.