Tuesday, June 18 2013, 10:06 AM MDT
Grilled Salmon With Apple Tomato Salsa
As aired on January 24, 2012
This is a flavorful, simple, fresh tasting way to enjoy Salmon, Orange Roughy, Sea Bass or Halibut. Using Gala Apples allows the Salsa to have a sweetness that balances the flavors without being too sweet like a red delicious could bring or too sour like a Green Pippen Apple might contribute. Remember, you create the flavor and if you like it sweeter or more sour, you have ideas of how to create the flavor YOU crave!
1 Med Tomatoes, Chopped
1 Med Apples, chopped
2/3 C Green Onion, Chopped
8 TBSP Cilantro, stems removed and Chopped
2 tsp Jalapeno Pepper, minced
1 ea Fresh Lime
1 Lb Salmon Fillets
1) Wash and stem the tomato, wash and core the apple. When chopping the vegetables, chop them the same size. Combine the tomatoes, apples green onions, cilantro and jalapenos. Mix all ingredient well and squeeze half the lime into the bowl and stir well. Set aside, and keep cool.
2) Heat a skillet, broiler or Grill.
3) Rinse and dry the Salmon. Lightly sprinkle each fillet with Salt & Pepper.
4) Spray pan or grill with pan spray.
5) Cook fillets about 4 minutes per side.
6) Serve with Salsa on top.
Recommended Side Dishes :
Cous Cous w/ vegetables