Monday, November 18 2013, 08:03 AM MST
Green Bean Stuffed Mushrooms
As Aired on November 4, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Krista Numbers, Simplify Supper
3 slices Bacon, diced
1 tbsp Butter
3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/4 cup cream of onion soup
1 can French Fried Onions, 2.8 oz size
1 can Green Beans, drained and diced
1/4 cup Half and Half Cream
30 small Mushrooms
1/4 cup Onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray baking dish with olive oil.
2. Cook diced bacon over medium heat in a small pan until crisp. Add butter. After butter has melted add onion and cook until tender. Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine green beans, soup and 1/2 cup of cheese. Add half and half, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the cooked bacon and onion. Combine all ingredients well.
4. Remove stems from mushrooms and discard stems. Place mushrooms stem side down on sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, turn over and bake another 5.
5. Drain any liquid from mushroom caps. Fill with green bean mixture. Top with cheese and fried onions. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through.
(Copyright 2013 - Sinclair Broadcasting Group)