Monday, November 18 2013, 08:01 AM MST
Short Rib Pumpkin Agnolotti
As Aired on November 14, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Chris Wellmon
Braised Beef Short Rib:
1 lbs. beef short ribs
2 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup Italian red wine
1 large onion, sliced
1 carrot diced
1 tbsp. chopped rosemary
2 cloves garlic
1 quart beef stock
shredded beef short ribs
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tbsp. minced shallot
1 tbsp. chopped sage
Pinch of nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
2 each whole eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup minced chives
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 each pasta sheets (freezer section at most grocery stores)
2 each egg whites
1 cup all-purpose flour
Directions for Braised Beef Short Rib:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Brown ribs: Season ribs with salt and pepper and dust in flour. Heat a saut pan over medium high heat. 3. Add the oil and brown the ribs on all sides. Transfer ribs to a braising pan or shallow roasting pan.
4. Add vegetables to the saut pan and saut until soft. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
5. Add to the ribs in the braising pan.
6. Transfer pan to the oven and cook at 300 until tender and falling apart, about 2 hours, turning occasionally.
7. When done, remove meat from braise and rough chop or shred it. Set aside.
Directions for Pumpkin Filling:
1. Add all of the ingredients for the filling, except for the egg, into a medium size mixing bowl and mix until well blended.
2. Taste mixture for seasoning. Wisk the two eggs separately then add to mixture, mix until eggs are fully incorporated. Be careful not to over mix. Set aside.
Assemble the Agnolotti:
1. Wisk egg whites.
2. Dust work surface with sifted flour.
3. Lay down the first sheet of pasta and brush on a heavy layer of egg whites.
4. Place filling on pasta evenly spaced about 1 inch apart.
5. Place the second sheet of pasta on the top, as evenly as possible.
6. Gently press filling down until it is about an inch high.
7. Using a small knife, cut the pasta in between the mounds of filling.
8. Cook Agnolotti in heavily salty water for about 2 minutes.
9. Strain Agnolotti and toss in melted butter, minced chives, and Parmesan cheese.
(Copyright 2013 - Sinclair Broadcasting Group)