Monday, November 18 2013, 01:47 PM MST
As Aired on November 18, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Krista Numbers, Simplify Supper
12 medium fresh Basil leaves
2 cloves garlic
1 lb Italian sausage
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
3/4 Parmesan cheese, grated
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
1 tsp salt
48 wonton wrappers
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. To make meat sauce: Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until softened, about two minutes. Add sausage and break up clumps while cooking about three minutes. When sausage is cooked, stir in tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, basil, and a little salt and pepper. Stir to combine and let simmer, uncovered about 15 minutes.
3. As meat sauce is cooking make ricotta filling by stirring together ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Season with salt and one tablespoon of pepper.
4. To assemble lasagna cups: Spray cupcake tin with non-stick spray. Line bottom with one wonton wrapper. Begin layering each tin with one teaspoon meat sauce, one teaspoon cheese filling, then another wonton wrapper. Keep the pattern going until you have three layers. End by putting one more layer of meat sauce, a sprinkle of grated mozzarella and a fresh basil leaf.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool about ten minutes and they should pop right out of the tin.