Wednesday, November 20 2013, 01:29 PM MST
Fresh Citrus and Brown Sugar Salmon
As Aired on November 20, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Johnny McAdams, Harmons City Creek
2 lbs. of fresh salmon fillet
2 fresh limes
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp dried rosemary
1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
2 tbsp lemon and orange zest
1 garlic clove finely chopped
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp dried mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1 bag fresh baby spring mix greens
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Blend juice of both limes with the brown sugar, rosemary, parsley, lemon and orange zest, garlic, chili powder and dried mustard together.
3. Place salmon on a baking sheet.
4. Drizzle a light layer of olive oil onto the salmon filet then cover the salmon with the blended ingredients.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes depending on the thickness of the filet.
7. Remove from the oven.
8. Leave the salmon on the baking sheet for an additional 15 minutes; the salmon will continue to cook.
9. Place salmon on the spring mix and serve.