Wednesday, December 18 2013, 01:49 PM MST
Cranberry Ginger Glazed Pork Roast
As Aired on December 18, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Kimberly Larsen, Harmons Bangerter Crossing
1 2-3 pound boneless pork tenderloin
1 cup chicken stock
1/2-3/4 cup ginger vinegar
1 cup cranberries
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 poblano pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large shallot minced
1. Heat a large sauté pan on medium high heat.
2. Season pork roast with salt and pepper.
3. Place pork tenderloin into sauté pan and sear on all edges.
4. Place seared pork tenderloin into crockpot.
5. Deglaze pan with 1/4 cup of the vinegar, then pour vinegar over roast.
6. Add cranberries to crock pot.
7. In a small mixing bowl combined the rest of the ingredients.
8. Pour over pork and set the timer for your slow cooker. (3-4 hours on High or 6-7 hours on Low)
9. Once pork tenderloin has cooked, remove from slow cooker with slotted spoon. Meat will be fall part tender.
10. Blend cranberries and juice together with immersion blender.
11. Blend until smooth and sauce will be slightly thickened.
12. Season with salt and pepper.
13. Serve with baked sweet potato and mixed greens.