Friday, February 14 2014, 01:16 PM MST
Harmons Valentine's Dinner
As Aired on February 14, 2014
Recipe Courtesy Chef Johnny McAdams, Harmons City Creek
2 6 to 8oz. filets
2 Tbs. butter
8 oz. button mushrooms (cut in 4ths)
1 white onion (sliced)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 C. red cooking wine
1. Pre heat the oven to 450.
2. Salt and pepper the filets on both sides and set aside. Next, prepare the onions, mushrooms and garlic.
3. To crush garlic, place cloves on a cutting board. Use the flat side of the knife crush the clove. Cut the mushrooms and place aside in a bowl.
4. Place oven safe sauté pan over mid-high heat.
5. Add butter. The butter will start to melt quickly and become bubbly. Add the crushed garlic then the filets. Cook about 2 to 2 ½ minutes on each side, allowing the meat to sear to a dark carmel brown.
6. Remove the pan form the stovetop, add the mushrooms, onion and red cooking wine.
7. Place the pan into the oven on the top shelf for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and set aside, allowing the filets to rest for at least 8 minutes.
8. Plate the filets and place mushrooms and onions around them.
9. Pour the extra juice from the pan over the top of the filet and serve with sweet potato and asparagus.
1/2 C. brown sugar
2 Tbs. flour
1/4 C. chopped pecans
2 Tbs. cup butter, melted
2 cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg, well beaten
1/2 stick butter, melted
1. To cook sweet potatoes first wash, then bake at 400 degrees for 50-60 minutes. You can also boil for 30 minutes or pierce them with a fork and microwave for about 15-20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
4. Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a large mixing bowl.
5. Beat thoroughly with a hand mixer for about 3-4 minutes to increase the fluffiness of the sweet potato mixture.
6. Pour mixture into the baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture and return to oven for 10 minutes.
8. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
1 bunch asparagus
1 lemon 1 half juiced
1 Tbs. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Fill a medium pot half way with water and bring to a boil.
2. Cut the ends of the asparagus off then place into the boiling water for about 2 minutes.
3. Remove from the water and set aside.
4. In a sauté pan add the oil over medium heat add the asparagus, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
5. Allow the lemon juice to reduce, this will create a nice sauce for the asparagus.