Friday, February 21 2014, 10:49 AM MST
Beef Tenderloin and Arugula Salad
As Aired on February 18, 2014
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
¼ cup finely chopped shallots
¾ cup mango nectar
2 beef tenderloin steaks (8 ounces each)
6 cups packed arugula
1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
½ ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Combine shallots and mango nectar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce mixture by half.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet on the stove.
3. Sear each side of the steaks for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove steaks and let them rest for about 5 minutes on a cutting board.
4. Arrange arugula on four serving plates. Arrange mango and avocado slices attractively over arugula. Carve steaks crosswise into thin strips; arrange over salads.
5. Drizzle mango mixture over salads.
Serve and Enjoy!