Thursday, March 13 2014, 01:23 PM MDT
Irish Inspired Breakfast
As Aired on March 13, 2014
Recipe Courtesy Chef Kimberly Larsen, Harmons Bangerter Crossing
Corned Beef Tri Color Hash
1 cup corned beef, cooked and diced
1 onion, small dice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 russet potato, cooked and diced
1 sweet potato, cooked and diced
1 purple potato, cooked and diced
1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 bunch fresh parsley, minced
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and onion. Sauté until it starts to brown, 5 to 8 minutes.
2. Add potatoes and cook, stirring, untiil they become brown and slightly crispy.
3. Stir in corned beef and beef broth. Cook for 5-8 minutes, deglazing pan while cooking.
4. Add parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Irish Cream Soda Bread Waffle French Toast w/Stout Syrup
Waffle French Toast
Irish Soda Bread
4 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup Irish cream
1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
Green food coloring, optional
1. Combine buttermilk, Irish cream, eggs and vanilla bean paste to make a batter for soda bread. Slice soda bread 3/4 - 1 inch slices. Place bread into egg mixture and soak for 30 seconds. Remove and place in waffle iron. Close and cook until waffle toast is golden brown in color.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup Murphy's stout beer
1/2 cup butter
Combined sugar and beer in small sauce pan. Heat to boil then simmer 5-7 minutes. Add butter and whisk until melted.
To top Waffle French Toast:
Country Style Ham, cut into medium dice
Eggs, scrambled or sunny side up
1/2 cup shredded Irish cheddar
*For a non-alcoholic version, use Irish cream coffee creamer in place of Irish cream and substitute a non alcoholic dark beer for Murphy's Stout.