Tuesday, June 18 2013, 09:06 AM MDT
Tournedos With Cognac Mushrooms
As aired on April 23, 2012
Recipe courtesy of Saucy Skillet Academy
1 Lb Beef Tenderloin, cut to medallions about ½ in thick
Black Pepper, fresh ground
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Unsalted Butter
1/3 Lb Crimini Mushrooms, washed, stems trimmed and sliced
1 tsp Garlic, minced to a paste
½ Cp Cognac
½ Cp Beef Broth
Cornstarch in Water
1) Lightly season the medallions with a sprinkle of Worcestershire sauce and black pepper
2) Have all ingredients available and sliced or trimmed before starting
3) In Sauté Pan, heat oil and butter and mix. When hot add the seasoned medallions in batches that lay flat in the pan. Cook 1 minute on each side and remove from pan repeating until all medallions are browned. Keep warm.
4) Add sliced mushrooms and cook 2 minutes
5) Add Cognac, be careful it will ignite!
6) Cook 1 minute, add beef broth Bring to a boil and thicken slightly with the dissolved cornstarch stirring constantly.
7) Reduce heat and add medallions and any juice on plate back to sauce and simmer 1 minute.
8) Serve on plate leaning on potatoes and top with sauce.
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)