Tuesday, March 18 2014, 09:00 AM MDT
Simple Beef Stroganoff
As Aired on March 17, 2014
Recipe Courtesy Krista Numbers, Simplify Supper
1 can Beef Broth, 10 3/4 oz. size
2 tablespoons Butter
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup, 10 3/4 oz. size
0.5 pound Fettuccine Pasta
2 tablespoons Flour
0.25 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 pound Mushrooms
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 small Onion, diced
1 cup Sour Cream, or 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 pounds Stew Meat, cubed
1. Combine salt, pepper and garlic powder together. Coat meat with the seasonings then lightly dust with flour.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium high. Combine olive oil and butter until melted. Brown meat.
3. Remove meat and cover with foil.
4. Add the onion slices and mushrooms to the pan drippings. Saute for a few minutes, until the onion is tender. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour. Return meat to pan.
5. Add the beef broth and mushroom soup. Cover skillet and cook over medium low heat for about 15 minutes.
6. Stir in the sour cream for the last few minutes. Serve over cooked fettucine.