Sunday, April 13 2014, 10:03 AM MDT
Easter Lamb with Red Beet & Mint Jelly
As Aired April 13, 2014
Recipe courtesy Chef Kimberly of Harmons
2 lemons, zest and juice
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 bunch Italian parsley, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1 (4-pound) boneless leg of lamb, netting removed
Extra netting or butchers twine
1. Heat the oven to 400°F and place rack in the middle of oven.
2. Place the lemon zest, garlic, parsley and 2 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Stir and combined to make a paste.
3. Unroll the lamb, lay it flat on a cutting board.
4. Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
5. Spread the lemon-garlic-parsley paste over the seasoned meat.
6. Roll the lamb back up and place extra netting over lamb or tie it in several places, about 1 to 2 inches apart, with butcher’s twine.
7. Season outside of lamb with olive oil, salt, and pepper all over the outside of the lamb and place in a shallow baking pan.
8. Roast in the oven until the internal temperature reads 135°F to 140°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 1 hour.
9. Transfer the lamb to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
10. Remove the twine, carve, and serve.
Red Beet & Mint Jelly
2-3 medium red beets, peel and grated
1 apple, peeled and grated
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 red chili, minced
1/2 cup apple wine vinegar
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 oz. fresh mint leaves, minced
1. Stir together red beets, apple, garlic, and chili.
2. Heat large saucepan on medium high heat.
3. Add vinegar, apple juice, sugar and salt.
4. Bring to a simmer, add beet and apple mixture, return to boil.
5. Cook for 40-45 minutes. Mixture should thicken.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in mint leaves.
7. For a smoother jelly blend with emersion blender.
8. Store in airtight container.
If you want to take a break from the kitchen this Easter, let us do the work for you! Order a delicious ham dinner with all the fixins’ from Harmons. Visit harmonsgrocery.com to place your order today!