Tuesday, May 1 2012, 11:37 AM MDT
Salted Fudge Brownies
As aired on April 30, 2012
Recipe courtesy of Robyn Valentine of the Junior League of Salt Lake City
3/4 cup unsalted butter
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup baking cocoa
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Melt the butter, chocolate and chocolate chips in a large saucepan over very low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
3) Whisk in the baking cocoa, sugar, eggs and vanilla in the order listed. Whisk in the flour one-third at a time.
4) Pour into a buttered 9X9-inch baking pan, smoothing the surface.
5) Sprinkle the sea salt evenly over the top and swirl with a knife into the batter.
6) Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the edges pull away from the sides of the pan and a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out with a little batter.
7) Cool in the pan at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)