Tuesday, June 18 2013, 10:06 AM MDT
French Toast Napoleon With Strawberries
As aired on May 1, 2012
Recipe courtesy of Cheesecake Factory
6 slices Egg bread or Challeh bread, 3/4 inch slices
2 cups French toast batter*
1/4 cup melted butter or canola oil
3 cups sliced strawberries (room temperature) tossed with a little sugar
2 cups whipped cream
1/2 cup glazed pecans
1 tbsp powdered sugar
maple sugar, heated
1) Dip the egg bread in French toast batter*. Gently squeeze the bread slices in several different spots (especially near the edge/crust) to help absorb the batter. Allow the batter to absorb into the bread while it rests for 10 minutes.
2) Drizzle melted butter onto a pancake grill or large saute pan. Place the soaked egg bread onto the oiled grill and cook until golden brown on both top and bottom (approx. 4 minutes per side)
3) When the French toast is done, place one side on the plate. Using a large spoon, sprinkle a little of the sliced strawberries over the top of the toast - making sure to spread it close to the edge all the way around.
4) Place the second piece of French toast on top fo the first and sprinkle more sliced strawberries over the bread.
5) Place the last piece of French toast on top of the others. Sprinkle a little more sliced strawberries on top of the bread, but this time with a little more in the center and allowing some of the strawberries to fall randomly onto the plate.
6) Garnish the French toast with some whipped cream and the glazed pecans.
7) Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top and all around the plate. Serve warm maple syrup on the side.
Makes 2 servings.
* French toast batter recipe:
1 cup Half and half (or milk)
1 tbsp Vanilla
2 tbsp Sugar
3/4 tsp Cinnamon
1) Put all ingredients into a blender and blend for a few seconds or until smooth.
2) This is enough batter for 2 servings of French toast (6 slices).
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)