Tuesday, June 18 2013, 09:06 AM MDT
Fresh Garbanzo Bean, Morel Mushroom Risotto
As aired on May 3, 2012
Recipe courtesy of Log Haven
Tomato water (Prepare one day ahead)
5 lbs very ripe tomatoes pulsed and strained over night through a chinois
To this add
1 super fine chopped shallots
1 cloves super finely chopped
1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
Sea salt to taste
1 sprig of thyme - super finely chopped
6 cups hot chicken stock
1 ½ cup arborio rice
3 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup diced celery
¼ cup diced onion
¼ cup diced carrots
½ cup white wine
1 cup blanched garbonzo beans
1 cup cooked morel mushrooms
¼ cup cooked uncured turkey bacon
1/3 cup grated pecorino
2 table spoons crème fraiche
Salt and white pepper to taste
1) In a saucepan, warm the olive oil and sweat the mirepoix.
2) Once the mirepoix has softened add the rice stirring until the rice turns brighter white without putting any color on.
3) At this point add the wine stirring until the wine has been absorbed. This will help seal the starches for a slower release.
4) Slowly add the chicken stock about a half cup at a time until the stock has been absorbed. Continue this process adding more stock.
5) When you are down to 1 cup of chicken stock then add the morel’s and garbonzo’s with the remaining chicken stock.
6) Finish with crème fraiche, pecorino, uncured turkey bacon and seasoning.
7) For the plate up, divide the tomato water into 4 warm bowls or about 3 oz. each and spoon the risotto into the bowl.
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)