As Aired On May 9, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Blue Boar Inn Executive Chef Eric MayIngredients:
4 (6oz) Salmon Fillet
2 oz Olive Oil
1.5 T Cumin
2 tsp Paprika
¼ tsp Sea Salt
¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
2 oz Pine nuts
6 cups Mixed Greens
1 cup Scallions (diced)
1 each Orange Segments
½ cup Feta
½ cup Cilantro Leaves
4 T Orange Juice
8 T Olive Oil
½ tsp Cumin
3 T Balsamic Vinegar
2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
¼ tsp Sea SaltDirections:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the seasoning in a small bowl.
Season the salmon with the cumin seasoning.
3. Place frying pan with oil over high heat. Sear salmon until crust begins to form. Flip salmon and place in oven for 5-10 minutes depending on your desired doneness.
4. In mixing bowl combine cumin, garlic, salt, balsamic vinegar and orange juice. Mix well. Slowly add the oil while whisking vigorously.
5. Mix all ingredients for the salad and mix with the salad dressing.
About The Blue Boar Inn & Restaurant
The Blue Boar Inn offers 12 elegantly decorated rooms complete with turrets, wrought-iron balconies and fireplaces.
The Restaurant offers a menu that pairs modern-day favorites with fresh ingredients and cooking methods.
The Inn’s chef seeks local providers of fresh produce and meats to create his signature dishes, which change with the seasons.
The Blue Boar Inn & Restaurant received five Best of State honors in 2011: Best Bed and Breakfast, Best Inn, Best European Fine Dining, Best Plated Brunch and Best Chef.
The Blue Boar also received the AAA Four Diamond Award for 2012.
For more information, visit www.theblueboarinn.com
or call 888-650-1400.
Also, visit the Facebook page for information and special offers: www.facebook.com/theblueboarinn.