As aired on January 24, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
1 pound whole wheat spaghetti, cooked al dente 6-8 bacon strips cooked, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon freshly chopped garlic
1 cup chopped onion 4 eggs, beaten
Salt and pepper to taste 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves (for garnish)
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to tasteDirections:
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, prepare the bacon by cooking over medium heat until crispy. Place cooked bacon onto some paper towels and reserve. When cooled, crumble bacon. Drain all but 3 tbsp of bacon fat from the pan.
3. Mix parmesan cheese with eggs. Set aside
4. Saute onions and garlic in the bacon fat.
5. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water and drain the rest off. Add the pasta, bacon and pasta water to the garlic and onion mixture. Saute until water is absorbed.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and add the egg mixture and toss until pasta is coated.
7. Sprinkle each fresh chopped parsley and parmesan cheese. Serve and Enjoy.