Tuesday, September 4 2012, 06:21 PM MDT
Greek Chicken with Pita and Tzatzike Sauce
As Aired On August 4, 2012
Recipes Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
2 lbs boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
½ tsp dry mustard
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp dried sage
¼ tsp thyme
Salt and pepper
1. Combine marinade ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together.
2. Add chicken pieces and mix to thoroughly coat.
3. Cover marinade bowl and place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
4. Remove chicken pieces from the marinade and discard marinade.
5. Heat a large skillet on the stove and sauté chicken pieces.
6. (Optional) If you would like to make these into kabobs, simply soak the kabob sticks in water for approximately 1 hour, carefully skewer marinaded chicken breast pieces onto the kabob sticks and grill the chicken pieces until thoroughly cooked through.
7. Serve the chicken pieces with warm pita bread and Tzatzike Sauce. (Recipe Below)
Tzatzike Sauce Ingredients:
2 cups Greek yogurt
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 1/2 cups peeled, diced cucumber
1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
1 tbsp freshly chopped dill
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients into a medium size bowl and mix together. Enjoy!