As aired on January 29, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
1/2 pound beef tenderloin
Peanut oil (can use canola oil)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 small onion sliced in rings
1 cup diced carrots
1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 tbsp fresh ginger juice
2 tbsp soy sauceDirections:
1. Grill tenderloin for about 3 minutes on each side. Set aside and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
2. While tenderloin is resting, prepare ginger, carrots, and bell pepper.
3. To make the fresh ginger juice, finely grate approximately 3 tbsp of ginger root. Place grated ginger in a fine mesh strainer. Using a spoon, press down on the grated ginger to extract the juice. Discard the pulp and reserve the fresh ginger juice.
4. Thinly slice grilled tenderloin into bite size pieces.
5. Heat a wok on the stove and add about 1 tbsp oil. Saut garlic until fragrant and add onion, carrots and bell peppers. Continue sauting for about 2 minutes.
6. Add fresh ginger juice and soy sauce. Reduce juice by half. Stir in tenderloin pieces.
7. Serve with rice. Enjoy!