As aired on February 1, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
1 - 3 to 4 pound beef roast
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups beef broth
1 onion, minced
1 bunch green onions, minced
horse radish sauce (optional)
hard artisan style mini banquette's
salt and freshly cracked pepper
1. Place roast in an oven safe roasting dish. Cover roast with minced garlic, minced onions, freshly cracked pepper and about 2 tsp salt.
2. Place in a preheated 350 degree oven until the internal temperature reads 140 degree's. (about 1 hour)
3. Remove roast from roasting pan, and allow to rest for at least 20 minutes.
4. Slice roast into thin slices and place back into the roasting pan.
5. Pour beef stock over sliced roast, cover pan and place in the oven for another 20 minutes.
6. Remove roasting pan from oven and set aside.
7. Slice baguette's in half.
8. Place 1 to 2 slices of roasted beef on to the baguette followed by a little horseradish (optional), minced green onions (to taste) and slices of swiss cheese.
9. Place prepared sandwich onto a baking sheet under the oven broiler until cheese is bubbling.
10. Serve sandwich with roast beef drippings and ENJOY!