As aired on February 3, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
Website: chefbryanwoolley.comCrepe Ingredients:
2 cups whole milk
1/4 tsp kosher salt
3 Tbsp melted butter
3/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup rice flour
3 large eggs
1 tsp chopped thyme
1/2 tsp chopped rosemaryDirections:
1. Combine all ingredients into blender and puree until smooth and consistent in texture.
2. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before using.
3. Using a non-stick pan, heat up whole butter until it begins to foam.
4. Add just enough crepe batter to barely cover the bottom of the pan.
5. When crepe begins to brown around the edges, flip to other side.
6. Cook for 30 more seconds, and then remove from pan to cool.
7. Fill crepe with any desired filling. We are filling ours with a mixture of braising greens, leeks, shallots, mushrooms, and St. Andre cheese.