Tuesday, June 18 2013, 11:48 AM MDT
Pad Thai Noodles
As Aired On November 14, 2012
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
½ package Thai rice noodles
1 lime, juiced; plus extra limes for serving
1 tbsp fish sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp chili flakes
¼ cup minced green onion
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp grape seed oil
1 pound shrimp
½ cup diced firm tofu
1 bunch chives, chopped
1 cup bean sprouts
¼ cup coarsely chopped peanuts
1. Soak the Thai rice noodles in cold water for about 20 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, fish sauce, and lime juice. Set aside.
3. Heat a wok on the stove and add the grape seed oil.
4. Add the garlic, green onions, chili flakes, tofu and shrimp. Cook until fragrant. (About 1 minute)
5. Drain the noodles and add to the wok. Stir fry for about one minute. Push the noodles aside and add the egg. Scramble it and cut it into pieces. Fold into the noodle mixture.
6. Add the sugar mixture and stir fry in for about 30 seconds.
7. Finish off by adding the chives and bean sprouts and stir fry for an additional 30 seconds.
8. Transfer to a platter and serve with lime edges to the side.
9. Serves 4. Enjoy!