As aired on February 7, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
4 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
2 cups rice
4 celery stalks, diced
4 carrots, peeled, diced
2 medium onions, diced
2 medium potatoes, diced
3 bay leaves
3 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp basil
1 tbsp thyme
12 cups chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large stock pot on the stove and add enough oil to lightly coat the pan.
2. Saute the chicken until brown (not fully cooked through). Add the rice and mix together. Saute the chicken and rice for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Add the celery, carrots, onions, potatoes, bay leaves, parsley, basil, and thyme. Saute together for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Carefully pour in the chicken stock. If needed, add additional stock. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook the soup for approximately 30 minutes or until the chicken, rice and vegetables are cooked through.
5. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!