Tuesday, June 18 2013, 11:48 AM MDT
New England Clam Chowder
As Aired On January 8, 2013
Recipe courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
2 cups Klondike Gourmet Medley Potatoes
3 (6.5 oz.) cans minced clams (with juice drained and saved)
1 Qt. Half and Half cream
1 cup yellow onion, minced
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup carrots, diced
3/4 cup butter
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
3/4 cup flour
1-1/2 tsp. salt
Pepper to taste
1. Chop vegetables, carrots, celery, onion and potatoes. Separate purple potatoes from the rest of your potatoes.
2. Warm the pot you will be using on the stove and then add butter. Once butter is heated, add celery, carrots and onions and cook until translucent.
3. Add potatoes (minus purples that you separated), add flour and stir until well mixed.
4. Add clam juice, half and half, and cook until potatoes are tender. In a separate bowl in the microwave, cook the purple potatoes for 4 minutes.
5. Once potatoes are tender, add clams to warm soup. Add cooked purple potatoes and red vinegar.
6. Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with Smoked Paprika.
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)