Wednesday, January 16 2013, 04:31 PM MST
Baked Potato Soup With Bacon
As aired January 10, 2013
Recipe courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
4 baked potatoes, cooled and diced
1 stick butter (8 tbsp butter)
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup flour
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups cream
2 cups diced cooked bacon
2 cups shredded cheese
1 cup chopped green onions
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Set cooked diced baked potatoes aside.
2. Heat a large pot on the stove and melt the butter.
3. Add the onions and saut until transparent. Add the bacon and saut for an additional minute.
4. Add the flour and incorporate.
5. Add the chicken stock and cream, bring to a boil.
6. Gently add the baked potatoes and remove from the heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Garnish with shredded cheese and green onions.
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)