As aired on February 13, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
1/2 pound bacon, cut up
1 medium onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
3 medium size potatoes, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (put in a roux form)
4 cups milk
2 quarts chicken stock
3 cups corn
Chopped fresh parsley
Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
1. Cook bacon in a large stock pot.
2. Place cooked bacon on a paper towel. Drain fat, reserving 3 tablespoons in pan. Sauté onion, diced potatoes, corn, and celery in bacon fat for about 2 minutes
3. Pour in chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
4. Once vegetables are tender, pour in milk and flour mixture.
5. Bring to a boil and allow the chowder to thicken. Continue cooking the chowder a few minutes more. Add cooked bacon.
6. Sprinkle each serving with parsley and paprika.