Tuesday, June 18 2013, 11:48 AM MDT
Pasta With Easy Marinara Sauce
As Aired On February 1, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
1/2 cup red wine
1 large can plum tomatoes
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
½ cup diced onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Italian Sausage, optional
salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Cook the penne pasta as directed on the package. Drain and set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, Heat a heavy bottom pan on the stove and add just enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Add the onion, garlic, basil, thyme, oregano, red pepper flakes. If you want, add your sausage too (optional).
3. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add remaining sauce ingredients. Cover and gently simmer for 1 1/2 hours stirring and adding a little red wine as needed or chicken/vegetable stock.
5. This sauce can be made in your pressure cooker in a bout thirty minutes. Once you add all of your ingredients, simple put the pressure cooker lid on and bring to pressure. Cook for 15 minutes, de-pressure and check on liquid. If needed add more wine and or stock. Cook an additional 10 minutes and it's done.
6. Serve with the penne pasta, a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and fresh parsley on top. Enjoy!
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)