Wednesday, February 13 2013, 10:42 AM MST
Tabouli Salad With Broiled Salmon
As Aired February 12, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
1 cup bulgur wheat
½ cup olive oil
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 fresh tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped (I like to use grape tomatoes)
1 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
1 cup finely chopped green onions
½ cup finely chopped fresh mint
1 cucumber peeled, seeded and finely diced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring to a boil 2 cups of water and remove from the heat. Add the bulgur wheat and let sit for about 1 hour.
2. While wheat is rehydrating, prepare remaining ingredients and set aside until ready to use.
3. When bulgur wheat is tender, drain in a colander until all the water is removed.
4. Combine all the all the ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to blend and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve and Enjoy!
Broiled Salmon Ingredients:
4 – 4 ounces salmon fillets
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp dry dill
1 tsp brown sugar
Juice from one lemon
1. Place salmon on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with dill and brown sugar. Salt and pepper to taste and place under the broiler until done. Should be about 4-5 minutes depending on your broiler.
2. Remove salmon from broiler and squeeze lemon juice over salmon.
3. Serve with Tabouli salad.
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)