Tuesday, June 18 2013, 10:48 AM MDT
Cashew Chicken With Couscous
As Aired March 5, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
2 chicken breasts, cubed
½ cup green onions
3 tomatoes, diced
4 cups cooked couscous (use low fat chicken stock to prepare)
1 cup cashews
½ cup finely chopped basil
salt and freshly cracked pepper
1. Place 3 cups couscous into to a 9X13 cake pan, pour 4 cups boiling low fat chicken stock over couscous, cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
2. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet and into a 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 160 degrees.
3. Dice the tomatoes and set aside. Chop the green onions and set aside.
4. When chicken is done, being careful not to burn yourself, cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
5. In a large bowl, combine prepared couscous, chicken, green onions, tomatoes, cashews, and basil. Lightly toss to combine ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve either hot or cold, enjoy!
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)