As aired on February 20, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
1 Package English Muffins (6 count)
9 Pieces of sliced ham
salt and freshly cracked pepper to tasteHollandaise Sauce
8 tbsp butter
3 egg yolks
1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
dash of salt
1. Start a large pot of water simmering to poach your eggs in.
2. Toast your English Muffins and set aside.
3. Pan sear the ham slices and set on top of the English Muffins
4. Once the water has come to a simmer gentle crack an egg into the simmering water. Be careful the water is not boiling as this with completely disrupt the egg structure.
5. In a medium size bowl add your egg yolks, lemon juice, and salt.
6. Melt the butter and while whisking the egg yolk mixture, gently drizzle the melted butter into the yolk mixture.
7. Remove the poached eggs with a large slotted spoon and allow them to drain completely.
8. Place the poached egg on top of the ham.
9. Spoon about a tablespoon size amount of Hollandaise Sauce over the poached egg and sprinkle with your favorite herbs.
10. Add some freshly cracked pepper and salt to taste and enjoy!