Tuesday, June 18 2013, 11:48 AM MDT
Lemon Poached Salmon with Sauteed Klondike Potatoes, Parsley, and Artichoke Hearts
As Aired on April 10, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
4 salmon steaks (about 6-8 ounces each)
1 lemon, sliced in about 6 slices
1 cup white wine
1 cup low fat vegetable broth
2 bay leaves
1 tsp dried tarragon
2 cups diced Klondike potatoes, rinsed
1/2 cup chopped parsley
2 cups marinaded artichoke hearts
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly cracked pepper
1. Place salmon in an oven 8X8 pan or a 9X13 pan.
2. Pour wine and vegetable broth over salmon.
3. Place lemon, bay leaves, and dried tarragon in liquid with salmon.
4. Salt and pepper to your taste.
5. Place in a 400 degree oven and cover with parchment paper that has been sprayed with vegetable oil. Put the sprayed side against salmon to prevent from sticking.
6. Poach salmon for about 20 minutes.
7. While the salmon is cooking, heat a large sauté pan on the stove and add the butter and olive oil.
8. Add the diced Klondike potatoes and sauté for about 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. Add the freshly chopped parsley, and marinaded artichoke hearts. Sauté until all ingredients are warmed through.
9. Serve poached salmon with sautéed Klondike potatoes and artichoke hearts. Enjoy!
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)