Tuesday, June 18 2013, 11:48 AM MDT
As aired on April 12, 2013
Recipe courtesy Chef Brandon Howard from La Caille
1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups light cream
1/2 cup dry sherry
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
1/2 pound sea scallops, halved horizontally
1/2 pound medium sized shrimp or prawns
1/2 pound cooked button mushrooms
1/2 pound cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-size pieces
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the flour and cook over low heat for 1 minute. Whisk in the cream and sherry and bring to a low simmer over moderately high heat.
2. Stir in the paprika and cayenne pepper.
3. Cook, stirring often, until no floury taste remains, about 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Add the scallops and shrimp and cook over moderate heat, stirring gently, until the shrimp starts to turn pink, about 3 minutes. Add the lobster and cooked button mushrooms, stirring, for 2 minutes.
5. Finish with the cream sauce and simmer over low heat until the seafood is cooked, about 3 minutes longer.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.
-Rice flour can be substituted to make gluten free
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)