As aired on February 26, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
Wbsite: chefbryanwoolley.comPasta Dough Ingredients:
3 cups flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp saltPumpkin Filling Ingredients:
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/3 cup ricotta cheese
Salt and pepper to tasteDirections:
1. Add the flour and salt together in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine.
2. Whisk the eggs and olive oil together and gradually pour into the flour mixture while the machine is running. The dough should pull together if not, simply add another egg.
3. Remove the dough and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Roll out one sheet of pasta and place a small dollops of filling at about 2 inch intervals. Place another sheet of pasta over the filling and press the pasta sheet around the fillings to create the ravioli. Cut into desired ravioli shapes and set aside.
5. Drop freshly made ravioli into a pot of salted boiling water for about 1 minute. Ravioli will float to the top when ready.
6. Strain the freshly cooked ravioli and gently place in the garlic parmesan tomato cream sauce to coat.
7. Place about 6 ravioli on a plate, sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley, cracked pepper, and grated parmesan cheese and serve. ENJOY!!Garlic Parmesan Tomato Cream Sauce with BrandyIngredients:
4 Roma Tomatoes
2 cups heavy cream
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brandy
Salt and freshly cracked pepperDirections:
1. Clean and quarter tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Place in a 450 degree oven for 15-20 minutes to roast
2. In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, add butter and sauté garlic until fragrant.
3. Add roasted tomatoes and sauté for 3-5 minutes and Brandy. Careful not to light the brandy on fire.
4. Add cream and bring to a simmer.
5. Add Parmesan cheese.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.