As aired on February 28, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
1 pound turkey sausage
½ cup diced bell pepper
½ cup diced onion
¼ cup diced green onion
2 cup roma tomatoes, diced
2 garlic cloves minced
1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1 package prepared pizza dough Directions:
1. In a large sauté pan, cook sausage. Drain any grease and gently blot with a paper towel to remove any unwanted grease.
2. Add bell pepper, onion, green onion, tomatoes, and garlic. Sauté all together for about 10 minutes.
3. Cool meat mixture than add low fat ricotta cheese.
4. Roll out individual calzone dough’s (about 6 by 6 inches).
5. Divide mixture between 4 calzones.
6. Fold each dough corner to corner to create a rectangular dough pocket. Pinch the edges together.
7. Place calzones onto a prepared baking sheet and into a 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve and Enjoy!