Tuesday, September 17 2013, 05:23 PM MDT
Garbanzo Bean Soup
As aired on September 17, 2013
Recipe courtesy of Chef Bryan Wooley
1 large onion, diced
2 small zucchini, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups bottled chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup tomato paste (about 1 small can)
3 - 4 bay leaves
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups garbanzo beans (liquid too)
2 cups chopped spinach
salt and pepper
1. Heat a large pot on the stove and add just enough olive oil to coat the bottom.
2. Add the onion and zucchini and sauté until fragrant.
3. Add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leave, chicken stock and garbanzo beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add the chopped spinach and stir into the soup.
5. Serve with artisan bread and enjoy!