Wednesday, September 18 2013, 05:41 PM MDT
Broiled Chicken Thighs with Pesto Toast
As aired on September 18, 2013
Recipe courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
8 chicken thighs, deboned
2 cups crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup basil pesto
1 baguette, sliced
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup slivered almonds
Fresh basil for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the chicken thighs in a single layer on an aluminum lined baking sheet.
2. Brush the chicken lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Place under a preheated broiler for about 10-15 minutes turning occasionally until fully cooked through and golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, warm the crushed tomatoes and half of the pesto sauce in a small saucepan on the stove. When the chicken is fully cooked, pour the warm tomato mixture of the chicken and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes turning to coat the chicken. (If there is a lot of chicken fat, simply drain the chicken grease out of the baking sheet before pouring the tomato mixture over the chicken.)
5. Spread the remaining pesto on the baguette slices, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and slivered almonds. Broil until the cheese is bubbling.
6. Serve the prepared crostini’s with the broiled chicken thighs and your favorite vegetable. Enjoy!