Monday, September 30 2013, 06:26 PM MDT
Roasted Pumpkin Soup
As aired on September 30, 2013
Recipe courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
4 cups cubed pumpkin
1 large onion sliced
1 head garlic
1 turnip, diced
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup celery, chopped
6 cups chicken stock
2 cups heavy cream
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. To prepare the garlic, chop the top of the garlic off and exposing the individual garlics inside. Place on a square of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap the foil around the garlic and place on a baking sheet will all of the other ingredients.
2. Place pumpkin, onion, garlic, turnip, carrots, and celery on a baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
4. Bring your chicken stock to a boil.
5. Once the vegetables have roasted, add them to the boiling stock. Puree ingredients together using a stick blender, food processor or blender. You may need to puree in batches.
6. Stir in cream.
7. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with Crusty bread and enjoy!