Friday, October 4 2013, 06:33 PM MDT
Pressure Cooker Pot Roast
As aired on October 4, 2013
Recipe courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
1 - 3 pound pot roast
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tsp dill
1 1/2 cups beef stock
salt and pepper to taste
1. Pat dry the roast using paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Heat the pressure cooker bottom up and add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pot.
3. Brown the roast on both sides for about 4 minutes (each side).
4. While the roast is browning, Mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, thyme, dill, and beef stock.
5. When the roast is browned, pour the beef stock mixture over it. Seal and lock your pressure cooker according to the manufactures direction.
6. Once the pressure has built up, turn the heat down to medium and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the roast to sit for 15 minutes under pressure.
7. Once the pressure has subsided, remove the lid and serve with your favorite side dishes.
NOTE: Every pressure cooker is different. Heat and cooking times may need to be adjusted based on your pressure cooker. Follow all manufacturers safety recommendations when using a pressure cooker. Never leave unattended!