Tuesday, October 22 2013, 05:40 PM MDT
Braised Chicken with Vegetables
As Aired on Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Recipe Courtesy of Krista from Simplify Supper
0.25 cup Apple Cider
3 tablespoons Butter
4 Chicken Breast Halves
4 Chicken Thighs
1 pound Mushrooms
1 small Red Pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon Tarragon, freshly chopped
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 small Yellow Onion, chopped Instructions
1. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat in large frying pan. Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes per side until browned but not cooked all the way through.
3. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
4. Add remaining tablespoon of butter to pan and let melt.
5. Add mushrooms, red peppers and onion.
6. Let cook about 5 minutes until tender and juices are released from vegetables.
7. Stir in apple cider and Worcestershire sauce.
8. Return chicken to pan and spoon vegetables over chicken.
9. Turn heat to medium-low. Cover pan and braise chicken 20-25 minutes, until opaque and fully cooked.
10. Stir in tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
11. Serve immediately and enjoy!