Friday, December 13 2013, 05:17 PM MST
Apple Cinnamon Bundt Cake
As Aired on December 13, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
Filling and topping:
2 Tbsp cinnamon
5 Tbsp sugar
5-6 cups firm apples, cored and sliced into 1-inch pieces
2 cups sugar
4 tsp vanilla
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup orange juice
3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 12-cup Bundt or ring-shaped cake pan.
2. Mix cinnamon and sugar; set aside 1 tablespoon. Toss apples with remaining mix.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. Combine dry ingredients and then fold into wet mixture.
4. Spoon about 1/3 of batter into pan. Top with ½ of the apples. Pour in remaining batter and top with remaining apples. Sprinkle top with reserved cinnamon and sugar mix.
5. Bake for 1 hour, or until done. Allow to cool. Loosen sides with butter knife and invert onto plate for serving.